Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bubble girl?

virginia is starting to get more and more familiar, but at the same time there are aspects about it that are sooo foreign to me. I have this little bubble of town that i know... the library, walmart, sweet frog, and the ups store. Thanks to my trusty gps we are able to find the movie theater and nice malls but it isn't like Utah where things are in such close proximity. This is the country baby and it definately has "wide open spaces" - filled with trees and trees and more trees. It is such a bizar feeling to not be able to see what is on the other side of the block without driving or walking there. Businesses and homes are tucked away in the trees, only to be labeled or noticed by a driveway, business sign, or mail box. The speed limit is about 45 on the roads here (even in neighborhoods) but it feels like 60 partially because the trees are so thick and intensify the speed and also because no one here goes remotely close to the speed limit. If you go the speed limit you get tail gated or flipped off. crazy!!

I made meat loaf, cheesy potatoes, and caesar salad last night :) hubby loved it. I'm in the market for a nice camera ( the nikon / cannon kind) if anyone knows of one or wants to sell theirs at a good price let me know!

ta ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to have a camera and start posting awesome photos! I love you and Miss you every day!!

    ReplyDelete