Thursday, June 16, 2011

Joy

I borrowed a ballet conditioning video from my cousin and tried it out the other day. The girl on the video was smiling the entire time she was working out (as ballerina's do) and at first she was really on my nerves. I couldn't stand how she looked so perky doing her leg lifts. It was almost as she was mocking me as i was dying. But then i tried out her little method and made it a goal to smile the entire time i did the work out. To my surprise i actually ended up enjoying the workout! This reminded me to have joy... a word that starting meaning a lot to me when i was taking voice lessons. When singing, everything is better if you have an expression of joy on your face. Your posture, lift, tone, everything is better with joy. sometimes i forget to incorporate joy into normal things of my day like putting on make up or making dinner or grocery shopping! My goal of the weekend and rest of the week is to remember to wear an expression of joy.


You're never fully dressed without a SMILE :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I remember the first time Shawna taught you about Joy!! Thanks for the reminder! I will join you in smiling and having Joy in all I do this week as well! I love you and your blog is darling!!

    ReplyDelete