Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That there's Virginia!

I went to the Walmart across the street from our complex yesterday and had the wierdest experience of my life. Not to be rude to people here - my husband is from Virginia and i personally think he is one hunky dude - but there are some strange people here. I went to get potatoes and this old man worker had a bunch of boxes in front of them so he kindly started to move them saying "haaiiinngg on a sec sweety" and then continued to talk but i for the life of me could not understand a word of what he was saying. Just imagine an old grandpa with no teeth mubling with a HEAVY southern accent. haha i just said thank you as he pushed his cart to the next veggie stand. He was great, i couldn't understand him one bit but it sure made me laugh.

Virginia is very green. From what i can see of it, the trees are everywhere. So thick that they almost act as a fence. On the freeway (or highway they call it) the lanes going either way are separated in the middle by trees and you would think there wasn't even a lane on the other side. We passed a city and i couldn't even tell cause of the trees!!

There are birds here that wake me up in the morning. Their calls sound like teasing and taunting (the kind little kids make when they say "you can't get me!" or "naaa na na na na").

The bees are HUGE and sound like weed wackers. Huge.

It is already as warm as Utah gets all summer and the pool isn't even open... wierd.

I love our huge apartment and miss my hubby when he is in the kitchen and i'm down the hall doing laundry. He feels miles away.

I am having fun skyping my mom every day and am thankful for internet.

My best friend L is going to come up and visit this summer. I am SOOO excted to see L :)

ummmm... ya so far, that's Virginia. Or as the people here would say: "That there's Virginia!"

2 comments:

  1. haha your perspective of the south is so funny! I just read this to my mom and she couldn't stop laughing. When I moved here I would laugh at southern accents and I grew up with them so its no biggie, you'll get used to it!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new layout of your blog! Love the picture of you and Corbin and how you have done it all. Super cute!! I also love all you have written. Please post every day. I will love it and so will your grandma!! I love Skyping you everyday too. It makes you not seem so far away!! Even though your are and I miss you like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete