Sunday, October 2, 2011

We thank thee oh God for a Prophet

I love general conference. I always feel direction and guidance after listening to the words of the Prophet and apostles. I remember when i was little, my favorite part of conference was playing cereal bingo with the names of the speakers (when a person spoke you got to put a cheerio on their name square). Now i find myself practically absorbing things being said and immediately trying to apply them to my life. I will be the first to admit that i am not perfect :) and i have a lot to work on. Even so, its nice to be reminded that we have a loving savior who has been through all the trials and tribulations that we go through. I always have a friend who "has been there".
It seems like our first year of marriage has been a bit chaotic. We have learned a lot of life lessons in the six months we have been married. Each has strengthened our relationship, but i used to wonder why we were having so many trials so fast. Conference was a great reminder that the Lord has a plan for us, and in these times of trial we must build our testimony and stay strong in the gospel. The Lord loves us and will not leave us comfortless. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and i love it!

1 comment: